|Rates (for 2 people, incl. breakfast)|
|Per night: Sunday till Thursday||€ 319|
|Per night: Friday and Saturday||€ 349|
|Package restaurant ‘t Havenmantsje dinner Sun-Thu||€ 519|
|Package restaurant ‘t Havenmantsje dinner Fri/Sat||€ 549|
|2 nights with Christmas||€ 719|
|1 night with New Year’s Eve (incl. large champagne)||€ 599|
|Big bottle of champagne upon arrival in cooler||€ 45|
|Champagne-breakfast (additional cost)||€ 22,50|
|Red roses per piece||€ 3|
|Private boat trip on the Lifeboat (2 hours)||€ 120|
Marcel en Jennifer
“Fantastic! What a unique location with a wonderful view of Harlingen.”
Fred en Cecile
“We will never forget lighting up each other lives! Wonderful”
Fred en Cecile
“Enjoy this time together in a lighthouse of love! Wonderful. ”
The following facilities can be found at the three top levels of the lighthouse:
- Room with 360° view, bed, Egg chairs and table
- Round shaped bathroom with rainshower and toilet
- Lighthouse with towergalery
|Nespresso maker||Bed linen and towels|
|Crockery and cutlery||Hair dryer|
|Coffee, tea and fruits||Free parking|
|Audio and tech|
|Fast internet||VHF radio|
|Smart TV||Digital television|
|Netflix: login possible||JBL speaker|
Harlingen Lighthouse forms part of a network of lights along the Dutch coast. Eighteen of the twenty lighthouses are still in use. For instance, there is a museum in the Hook of Holland lighthouse, while Harlingen Lighthouse is privately owned.
|First built:||1920-1922, Architect: C. Jelsma|
|Restored:||1998-1999, Architect: B. Pietersma|
|Position:||53.10,09 NB; 05.25,04 OL|
|Highest lookout point:||24 m above average floodwater|
- The three accommodations are geared to comfortable accommodation for two people. It is expressly forbidden to receive visitors while on the properties, whether these be friends, relations or acquaintances.
- Pets are not permitted for reasons of safety and hygiene.
- Staying at Harlingen Lighthouse, Lifeboat and Harbour Crane is entirely at one’s own risk.
- Any damage by the tenant to the Lighthouse, Lifeboat or Harbour Crane, the interior thereof or objects that are the property thereof must be paid for by the tenant.
- The above also applies to damage caused to third parties.
- In the event of force majeure, a reservation may be cancelled by the lessor, following which restitution will be made.
- Cancellation by guests up to 28 days prior to the date that has been reserved will incur no charges. After this no restitution will be made.
- Smoking is forbidden in all areas of the properties. If smoking occurs in the lighthouse, a fine of € 250 will be charged.
“In February 1998, I extinguished the light. The lighthouse lost its function after 75 years because of changes to the channels and alterations to the harbour entrance. But there has been a light shining at this spot for much longer. From the middle of the 18th century, fires crackled, acetylene gas lights hissed and the lighthouse light system, now at the bottom of the stairwell, twinkled because the many lighthouses Harlingen had were always rebuilt on the same spot. For centuries, sailors’ eyes were fixed on this spot. Now the roles have been wonderfully reversed: the beacon has become a lookout point.”
Piet Beuker, Harlingen Lighthouse Keeper from 1970-1998